- Magnitude 9.0
- Epicenter 142° 22' E 38° 19' N
- Time 05:46 UTC 11 March 2011
- 5,884 deaths
- 6,148 injured
- 2,633 people missing
- 127,290 buildings totally collapsed
- 272,788 buildings half collapsed
- 747,989 buildings partially damaged
- Level 7 meltdown, three reactors, Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant
His follow-up, a few days after the main event, left us all in no doubt of his ignorance of geophysics. It was this:
That "Fukushima" was a Planned Event -- by "someone" -- is almost a certainty now; I mean, what are the odds of ANOTHER major quake (the 7.1 a couple days ago) -- complete with similar tsunami warnings -- with an epicenter (and depth!) only a few miles different from the earlier, devestating [sic] 9.0 quake ... and all, by "acident [sic]?!"
The man is incompetent. No further comment needed.